What makes us Unique?
Our results, our expertise, our values...
Results oriented. No matter if we are working with you on a long term change initiative seeking to improve structure, communication and productivity, or if we are taking your managers out for a fun day, we will identify specific outcomes with you. We are always focused on achieving results that meet your needs.
Our unique combination of skills and experience:
- Excellent trainers and group facilitators
- Sensitive coaches and listeners able to help clarify issues and ask strategic questions
- Understand how organizations work including expertise in organizational culture
- Expert in key elements of business strategy and management
- Ability to synthesize information from many sources and give that information back to individuals or groups in ways that help move people forward
- Deep experience in organization strategic planning, strategic thinking and evaluation work
Read about our successful strategic plan for the Adventure Sports Institute here!
“Paige is an extremely well organized person who is great at process and group process, which are two related but different things. She puts together a series of questions in processes that brings the information to the forefront to be dealt with, and walks groups through the process of addressing the issues at hand. She takes discussion topics, designs themes, then identifies issues that groups need to address before or while moving forward. She is an excellent facilitator. She understands strategic planning, directional analysis, group dynamics, and nonprofit organizational development. Paige's analytic mind and laser focus enable groups to move well beyond their own expectations of themselves to achieve greatness. I always enjoy working with Paige, as she possesses a set of skills which both supplement and enhance mine. Her down to earth intelligence and desire for the best for her clients is refreshing and enjoyable!!! For more info, please feel free to contact me. It is with great pleasure and faith in her abilities that I recommend her." Catrese Brown, Owner, C.T. Brown & Associates
“Paige not only is a high energy dedicated facilitator, but a very careful and strategic thinker. She was able to not only get us ready for an in-depth strategic plan, but helped us begin with the end in mind and guided us expertly towards some great conclusions.” ~ Greg Cantori, Executive Director of the Henry and Marion Knott Foundation
“Paige did an outstanding job facilitating our senior Leadership Team and Board of Directors in clarifying outcomes and internal processes to maximize our success.” ~ Wendy Gradison, Executive Director PRS
“Paige is a high energy consultant who will be a catalyst for positive change with everyone who engages her services. She is both a creative thinker and an excellent process facilitator. I recommend her highly to those seeking a consultant with such abilities.” ~ Jeff Nugent, President/CEO DTI (Development Training Institute)
“I've had the pleasure of working with Paige in various capacities for 10 years; first as colleagues at the same nonprofit and then as colleagues in Managance Consulting. Paige is an extremely talented and creative consultant and teacher. She has deep analytical skills, vast understanding of organizational systems and a committment to actively engaging people in their own learning. This experience enables her to design engaging and productive engagement that motivate clients to want more. I always look forward to working with Paige.” ~ Denice R. Hinden, President, Managance Consulting and Coaching
We have a wide range of skills and expertise in house, including:
Facilitation skills and an understanding of group dynamics - We see what a group needs and help move it toward its goals. We ask good questions and help stretch your thinking. We synthesize information from the group and provide it back to them.
Program and process design skills - We know how organization's work and what series of meetings and interventions will make a program successful.
Strategic thinking and planning - We have designed and facilitated a wide range of different kinds of strategic planning processes. We also know how to ask questions that provoke new perspective and strategies.
Evaluation and Performance Measurement - We understand evaluation models and theory and can design evaluation, results and performance measurement processes.
Research - We know how to design surveys, interview protocols and other forms of primary research and how to do both qualitative and quantitative data analysis; we know where to find the best information out there on a range of topics and we know how to synthesize that information and simply convey it to you.
Our philosophy - Sometimes in order to be effective, we need to change. We need to change the way we behave, we need to add or shift our thinking. Change isn't easy, but we know human beings have a tremendous capacity for transformation. We at Think Outside support deep learning and change.
We use interactive, experiential techniques that engage our whole body making the experience more memorable; we facilitate learning moments to ensure experiences are integrated into thinking and we provide tools and on going support for change changes in thinking and behavior.
We draw on our intrinsic connection to the natural world; we learn from its stress relieving properties, its ability to create perspective and stimulate our 'whole' brains and its stoic indifference and challenge to us--to create better solutions; and carefully designed exercises and facilitated discussion are one way of drawing on the natural world.
Our research base - We incorporate of lessons and research from eco-psychology (it is good for humans to be in contact with natural world), brain-based research (activating the whole brain and the connection between what is simultaneously experienced with our minds and bodies and learning), adventure therapy and outward bound leadership, leadership development, experiential education, adult learning theory.
Our flexibility and responsiveness - We go out of our way to meet your needs.
We believe office walls create barriers to creative thinking. So, come Think Outside with us!
- organizations are human systems impacted by a) structure and purpose, b) their interaction with the external environment, and c) the complexity of social relationships and leaders; organizational culture can help shed light on many of these elements; by understanding all of these facets, our organizations can perform better;
- nonprofit, for profit, and even government is increasingly being forced to respond to changes in their operating environments; change requires learning; learning requires openness;
- the outdoors can create an opening, space, a short cut to a place of learning;
- by nurturing natural spaces, approaching our work with customers as a learning engagement and our roles as a facilitator, that we can have a lasting impact on individuals and organization;
- transformation is possible and is fact a fundamental part of the human condition;
- in the enduring human spirit and in our complex interconnection with all living beings; and
- facilitative consulting (as opposed to being the outside expert that tells you what to do) is a more sustainable way of approaching organization change and individual growth.